Image Gallery: Obama administration failures
You can now disable the automatic extension in AdWords
Google AdWords interface added a feature that turns off unnecessary automatic extensions.
Please follow the instructions below to enable the feature:
• Sign in your AdWords account.
• Click the "Ad Extensions" tab.
• In the drop-down menu on the left above the table, select the report named "Automatic extension."
• Click "Automatic extensions options (optional)."
• Next to "Show all automatic extensions for this account” click "Edit."
• Select "Do not use separate automatic extensions for this account."
• Select the check boxes next to the required types of automatic extensions. • Click the "Save" button.
It should be also mentioned that Google has introduced the extensions to messages. Using this feature, you can create ads by SMS-click option. With these extensions, advertisers will need use tools to receive, process and send SMS.
Alphabet reveals its investments to Snapchat
Venture Google Capital Fund, which is a part of the Alphabet holding company changed its name to CapitalG and launched an updated website. Reuters journalists discovered the service logo of the missing Snapchat messages.
The company did not make any official statements regarding the investments to Snapchat. The date and amount of investments remained a secret.
Alphabet Press Service has not yet responded to a request for comment.
Currently Snap Inc, owner of Snapchat, is preparing to enter the stock market. It is assumed that after the IPO, the market value of the company will amount to $ 25 billion.
In 2013, Facebook wanted to buy Snapchat for $ 3 billion. However, the service management rejected that proposal.
Google updates new recommendations to website transfer
Google has updated recommendations for those webmasters that transfer your website to a new domain, HTTPS protocol, or a new URL structure.
The updated document now has got a new subsection, which states, when it is better to carry out a partial transfer and when the whole URL:
"Think about the options you would prefer to get your webpage transferred.
• If you website is of small or medium size, we recommend that you transfer the whole URL. In this case, the users will not have problems using the website, whereas for Google robots it will be easier to detect the transfer and index the entire web page.
• If you have a large website, try to move it in parts. This way it will be easier to identify and troubleshoot possible issues."
This question was often called by webmasters, especially with the large websites. Now it has got a formal response by Google.
It is noteworthy that the medium-sized websites it is recommended to do the entire URL transfer. But the concept of "medium" is so much relative and the company has not specified the exact details yet.
Seo Facts #46
The average word count on pages in the top 10 search results has increased by around a quarter – rising from 975 in 2014 to 1,285 words in 2015. (Source: SearchMetrics)
Seo Facts #5
75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
Seo Facts #53
February 2015 polling by Econsultancy showed that 73% of in-house marketers and 76% of US agencies said SEO provided excellent or good return on investment (ROI). (Source: eMarketer)