Image Gallery: Evernote android
Google works on narrowing the fake news given in the search results
Google is working on improving the algorithm, where the block "Breaking News" in the search results is based. The company's goal is to promote better news resources and deleting phishing web news.
Earlier this month, the head of Google, Sundar Pichai, was interviewed by BBC and he told that the search engine aims to reduce the probability of dissemination of untrue news to zero.
About two years ago Google made an access to the block of the main news for all publishers, not just Google News sources. As a result, the publications of Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Hacker News, and low quality content blog started appearing in the search results. After starting the AMP the access became even easier since these websites are adopting the new format so fast, therefore more and more news appear in the search results.
Although the websites are approved by Google News, they quite often publish low quality content, that do not meet certain criteria. At the same time the "Breaking News" block does not require any criteria.
We should remind you that in October Google News began to mark the checked articles.
Google updated the Gmail design on iOS platform
Google has redesigned Gmail app for iOS and added some new features to it. The company also updated the calendar for iOS.
The new features in Gmail are as follows:
• the option to cancel a message.
• faster search due to its instant results and spelling hints option.
• the ability to put a message in the archive or delete it by swiping it left or right.
New Calendar features:
• Support for the built-in Spotlight search. Now users can search with the help of events, reminders and goals in the Calendar.
• Support for alternative calendars such as lunar, Islamic and Vedic. Along with these calendars you can also see the current calendar.
• View your weekly and monthly schedule in landscape orientation.
It should be recalled that Google Gmail updated its design for iOS last time for almost four years ago back in December 2012.
You can now disable the automatic extension in AdWords
Google AdWords interface added a feature that turns off unnecessary automatic extensions.
Please follow the instructions below to enable the feature:
• Sign in your AdWords account.
• Click the "Ad Extensions" tab.
• In the drop-down menu on the left above the table, select the report named "Automatic extension."
• Click "Automatic extensions options (optional)."
• Next to "Show all automatic extensions for this account” click "Edit."
• Select "Do not use separate automatic extensions for this account."
• Select the check boxes next to the required types of automatic extensions. • Click the "Save" button.
It should be also mentioned that Google has introduced the extensions to messages. Using this feature, you can create ads by SMS-click option. With these extensions, advertisers will need use tools to receive, process and send SMS.
Seo Facts #159
The share of American adults who own a smartphone, computer and a tablet has doubled since 2012 from 15% to 30%. (Source: Pew Research)
Seo Facts #26
Lead generation (cited by 61% of corporate marketers) and Web site traffic (57%) are the top SEO objectives for marketers at enterprise companies in 2015. 54% want to improve traffic conversion rates. Just 24% cited attributing sales and revenue to SEO as a top goal. (MediaPost)
Seo Facts #60
18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day compared to 7% on non-local searches. (Source: Google)