Image Gallery: Heaven and earth band
You can now disable the automatic extension in AdWords
Google AdWords interface added a feature that turns off unnecessary automatic extensions.
Please follow the instructions below to enable the feature:
• Sign in your AdWords account.
• Click the "Ad Extensions" tab.
• In the drop-down menu on the left above the table, select the report named "Automatic extension."
• Click "Automatic extensions options (optional)."
• Next to "Show all automatic extensions for this account” click "Edit."
• Select "Do not use separate automatic extensions for this account."
• Select the check boxes next to the required types of automatic extensions. • Click the "Save" button.
It should be also mentioned that Google has introduced the extensions to messages. Using this feature, you can create ads by SMS-click option. With these extensions, advertisers will need use tools to receive, process and send SMS.
Google launches mobile-first index testing
Google starts testing mobile-first index. It means that in the near future, the search algorithms will be primarily assessed by the relevance of a mobile version of the page and alternatively by the desktop. This information was published in the company's blog.
Today more and more people are searching through mobile devices. However, Google's ranking system continues evaluating the relevance of the desktop version of the page.
In order to make the search results more useful Google started testing mobile-first index. Although the search index will remain united, eventually Google's ranking algorithms will primarily evaluate the mobile version of the page.
In the coming months Google will experiment the updated index with some users. Having finished the testing, the system will be launched around the world.
Despite the fact that the process of transition to mobile-first index is only on its way to be introduced to the public, Google has prepared several recommendations for the webmasters:
• If your website is configured as an adaptive or dynamic display design, in which the main content and layout are identical for both mobile and desktop devices, no changes to be applied in this case
• If a website configuration requires different content for mobile and desktop devices, it is necessary to perform the following changes:
o Make sure that the structured markup is used in mobile and desktop website version.
o Check the equivalence of micro markup on both desktop and mobile version using the structured Google data testing tool.
o By adding structured data on the mobile website, you should avoid including a large number of micro markup, which is not relevant to a specific content of each document.
o Use a robots.txt file verification tool to verify that the mobile version of the site is accessible to Googlebot.
o It is not necessary to apply changes to the canonical URL. Google will keep considering these attributes to display matching results to mobile and desktop users.
• If you have confirmed only the desktop version of the website in the Search Console, you should also add the mobile resource version.
• If you have only got a desktop website, Google will go on indexing it, even if the mobile user agent is used to view the resource.
• You should keep in mind that when creating a mobile version a functional, focused on desktop website is much better than an incomplete or non-mobile version. Please launch the mobile version only when it is completely ready to use.
As it was already stated earlier Google will launch a separate mobile code and make it the primary in the coming months. Now it turned out that the index will remain the same for all types of documents.
European Court introduces a new criterion of legality of the links
The European court has introduced a new criterion for the legality of links to the copyright material, which is the absence of profit.
From now on adding the website links to illegally published materials, which are protected by copyright, is no longer a violation in the case if the owner of the resource does not get any profit of the resource. Before they could justify the writer, unless he knew that the image to other resources were deployed in circumvention of the law. That is, if his actions were not deliberate and did not have a hidden intention.
The corresponding decision was accepted by Playboy’s lawsuit against the Dutch website GeenStijl. The latter was accused of publication of the links to an Australian website that posted posted pictures of Britt Decker, the TV showman without having any permission to do that.
The lawsuit was filed to the court when GeenStijl refused to delete references to images belonging to Playboy. Initially the case was heard in the Supreme Court of the Netherlands. Then it was passed to the European Court.
Seo Facts #159
The share of American adults who own a smartphone, computer and a tablet has doubled since 2012 from 15% to 30%. (Source: Pew Research)
Seo Facts #6
GroupM states “when consumers were exposed to both search and social media influenced by a brand that overall search CTR went up by 94 percent.”
Seo Facts #156
As of September 2015, the greatest share of traffic to Instagram was from the United States with 23.9% percent of traffic, while traffic from the United Kingdom accounted for 3.57% of site visits. (Source: Statista)