Image Gallery: Mountain Lupine
Google my business has simplified the branch data editing
Google My Business has implemented another option to performing mass changes to the branch data by using the service editor.
What do you need for this:
• Sign in to Google My Business.
• Locate the desired branches. For this use the search function in the menu "All addresses" in the upper left corner of the page.
• To change one branch, just click on it. To edit multiple locations, use the checkboxes and click the pencil icon in the upper right corner of the page.
• Click on the field you want to edit. If any data has been updated by Google, you'll see them next to their information.
• Make the necessary changes in the window that appears.
• Click "Apply" button.
This method can be used when a company is running more than 10 subsidiaries.
It should be recalled that Google My Business has facilitated the branch attribute management last month. From now on they can be changed by using the bulk upload spreadsheet data.
Google updates new recommendations to website transfer
Google has updated recommendations for those webmasters that transfer your website to a new domain, HTTPS protocol, or a new URL structure.
The updated document now has got a new subsection, which states, when it is better to carry out a partial transfer and when the whole URL:
"Think about the options you would prefer to get your webpage transferred.
• If you website is of small or medium size, we recommend that you transfer the whole URL. In this case, the users will not have problems using the website, whereas for Google robots it will be easier to detect the transfer and index the entire web page.
• If you have a large website, try to move it in parts. This way it will be easier to identify and troubleshoot possible issues."
This question was often called by webmasters, especially with the large websites. Now it has got a formal response by Google.
It is noteworthy that the medium-sized websites it is recommended to do the entire URL transfer. But the concept of "medium" is so much relative and the company has not specified the exact details yet.
HTTPS-connections on desktop Chrome browser has estimated over 50% interest
Google has added a new "Using HTTPS» section in its report on the accessibility of their services and data. It aims to show the transition dynamics to a secure protocol.
According to Google, current desktop Chrome version users download more than a half of the pages through the safe protocol. Whereas, mobile users still widely use HTTP protocol, however, more and more users are getting to HTTPS. Android users who use HTTPS protocol were estimated at 40%.
Google has valued the statistics on page views using different protocols in Chrome and found out that users spend most of their time browsing HTTPS websites than HTTP-resources. This ratio is getting higher for HTTPS benefit.
Google started measuring the HTTPS-connections on Chrome in early.
It should be mentioned that in December the search engine began HTTPS-indexing page version by default. According to Moz, HTTPS-results in Google top 10 has reached 40% last month.
Seo Facts #170
As of November Apple had a 43.1% share of Smartphone subscribers and Samsung had 28% of subscribers. LG was in third place with 9.6% of Smartphone subscribers. (Source: comScore)
Seo Facts #130
Fully 55% of small businesses updated social media business content monthly or less frequently, while just 15% did so daily and 30% weekly. This likely means the social followers theses small businesses have—who often demand real-time, or close to real-time, info—are seeing out-of-date content. (Source: eMarketer)
Seo Facts #42
U.S. spending on search marketing will reach $31.6 billion in. (MediaPost)