Image Gallery: Air Florida
The US elections will be live on Google and Youtube
Google and YouTube will be live broadcasting the Election day, as the Google company reports.
Youtube videohosting will be broadcasted live on world major TV channels, among which NBC, PBS, MTV, Bloomberg, and Telemundo. Right after the polls closed are, users we be able to see the results of the elections that are integrated into a Google search introduced in 30 languages around the world. Live broadcast will also present a detailed updates and results of the presidential election, senators, congressmen, governors and other information.
The voting will begin on November 8 at 14 or 15 p.m. Moscow time.
We should remind you that in September 2016 US presidential candidate from the Republican Party, Donald Trump has accused Google of concealing negative information regarding Hillary Clinton. And in early November, it was reported that a detailed plan for the campaign in the US presidential candidate of the Democratic Party, Hillary Clinton was composed by none other than the Google head of the board of directors, Eric Schmidt back in 2014.
Google my business has simplified the branch data editing
Google My Business has implemented another option to performing mass changes to the branch data by using the service editor.
What do you need for this:
• Sign in to Google My Business.
• Locate the desired branches. For this use the search function in the menu "All addresses" in the upper left corner of the page.
• To change one branch, just click on it. To edit multiple locations, use the checkboxes and click the pencil icon in the upper right corner of the page.
• Click on the field you want to edit. If any data has been updated by Google, you'll see them next to their information.
• Make the necessary changes in the window that appears.
• Click "Apply" button.
This method can be used when a company is running more than 10 subsidiaries.
It should be recalled that Google My Business has facilitated the branch attribute management last month. From now on they can be changed by using the bulk upload spreadsheet data.
Google launches mobile-first index testing
Google starts testing mobile-first index. It means that in the near future, the search algorithms will be primarily assessed by the relevance of a mobile version of the page and alternatively by the desktop. This information was published in the company's blog.
Today more and more people are searching through mobile devices. However, Google's ranking system continues evaluating the relevance of the desktop version of the page.
In order to make the search results more useful Google started testing mobile-first index. Although the search index will remain united, eventually Google's ranking algorithms will primarily evaluate the mobile version of the page.
In the coming months Google will experiment the updated index with some users. Having finished the testing, the system will be launched around the world.
Despite the fact that the process of transition to mobile-first index is only on its way to be introduced to the public, Google has prepared several recommendations for the webmasters:
• If your website is configured as an adaptive or dynamic display design, in which the main content and layout are identical for both mobile and desktop devices, no changes to be applied in this case
• If a website configuration requires different content for mobile and desktop devices, it is necessary to perform the following changes:
o Make sure that the structured markup is used in mobile and desktop website version.
o Check the equivalence of micro markup on both desktop and mobile version using the structured Google data testing tool.
o By adding structured data on the mobile website, you should avoid including a large number of micro markup, which is not relevant to a specific content of each document.
o Use a robots.txt file verification tool to verify that the mobile version of the site is accessible to Googlebot.
o It is not necessary to apply changes to the canonical URL. Google will keep considering these attributes to display matching results to mobile and desktop users.
• If you have confirmed only the desktop version of the website in the Search Console, you should also add the mobile resource version.
• If you have only got a desktop website, Google will go on indexing it, even if the mobile user agent is used to view the resource.
• You should keep in mind that when creating a mobile version a functional, focused on desktop website is much better than an incomplete or non-mobile version. Please launch the mobile version only when it is completely ready to use.
As it was already stated earlier Google will launch a separate mobile code and make it the primary in the coming months. Now it turned out that the index will remain the same for all types of documents.
Seo Facts #84
69% of marketers say they plan to increase their use of blogging this year. (Source: Social Media Examiner)
Seo Facts #145
There were 400 million registered users on LinkedIn as of December 2015. (Source: LinkedIn)
Seo Facts #60
18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day compared to 7% on non-local searches. (Source: Google)