Image Gallery: La biblioteca espana
Google: webpage redirect to the home page is treated as soft 404
If your website has 301 redirect set up for all pages to the homepage, then Google will treat those redirects as a "soft" 404 error. This was stated by the search department representative, John Mueller during a regular video-meeting for webmasters.
Therefore, Google will ignore this redirection, and they will not transfer PageRank.
Google My Business introduced notification settings
Google has added a new setting into the My Business service. Using the settings users can manage notifications for email and mobile devices.
From now on you can modify the following notifications:
- important account updates;
- feedbacks from customers;
- notifications about photos published by the clients;
- notifications about new features and offers, which will help to attract more customers and others.
The information regarding new settings can be found here: business.google.com/settings.
More information about the innovation is available in the Help screen in Google My Business.
Google updated the Gmail design on iOS platform
Google has redesigned Gmail app for iOS and added some new features to it. The company also updated the calendar for iOS.
The new features in Gmail are as follows:
• the option to cancel a message.
• faster search due to its instant results and spelling hints option.
• the ability to put a message in the archive or delete it by swiping it left or right.
New Calendar features:
• Support for the built-in Spotlight search. Now users can search with the help of events, reminders and goals in the Calendar.
• Support for alternative calendars such as lunar, Islamic and Vedic. Along with these calendars you can also see the current calendar.
• View your weekly and monthly schedule in landscape orientation.
It should be recalled that Google Gmail updated its design for iOS last time for almost four years ago back in December 2012.
Seo Facts #159
The share of American adults who own a smartphone, computer and a tablet has doubled since 2012 from 15% to 30%. (Source: Pew Research)
Seo Facts #5
75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
Seo Facts #78
90% of B2B researchers who are online use search specifically to research business purchases. (Source: Google)