Image Gallery: Leonardo and april
Google updated the Gmail design on iOS platform
Google has redesigned Gmail app for iOS and added some new features to it. The company also updated the calendar for iOS.
The new features in Gmail are as follows:
• the option to cancel a message.
• faster search due to its instant results and spelling hints option.
• the ability to put a message in the archive or delete it by swiping it left or right.
New Calendar features:
• Support for the built-in Spotlight search. Now users can search with the help of events, reminders and goals in the Calendar.
• Support for alternative calendars such as lunar, Islamic and Vedic. Along with these calendars you can also see the current calendar.
• View your weekly and monthly schedule in landscape orientation.
It should be recalled that Google Gmail updated its design for iOS last time for almost four years ago back in December 2012.
Number of pages in Google index is now over 130 trillion
Google has updated the «How Search Works» page, adding the actual data on the number of indexed pages. At the moment this number exceeds 130 trillion and is still growing.
In March 2013, the number was equal to 30 trillion. In less than 4 years Google has added more than 100 trillion pages into the index.
It should be reminded that now the company is testing a new mobile-first index. This means that in the near future the search algorithms will primarily assess the relevance of a mobile version of the page, and if not, it will use a desktop.
Find more inforation regarding these changes in FAQ.
Google Search Analytics API makes available resource sets
Google opened access to resource sets in the Search Console by means of the Search Analytics API. Mike Sullivan from the United States was the first one noticed this innovation.
Google launched a new feature "Resource Kits" in the Search Console in May this year. It allows you to connect up to 200 resources of any type (either the web pages or applications) into a sole group and receive all the data on clicks and impressions in a single report.
From now on the resource kits are also available through the Search Analytics API.
Seo Facts #40
In PPC search ads, 86% of all ad impressions accrue to the top four spots. (ClickZ)
Seo Facts #193
The strong growth overall for the weekend was driven by mobile shopping (Apple devices in particular), email marketing, and Google search. (Source: Custora)
Seo Facts #20
91% of internet users use search. (2016)