Image Gallery: Trypophobia parasite
Google my business has simplified the branch data editing
Google My Business has implemented another option to performing mass changes to the branch data by using the service editor.
What do you need for this:
• Sign in to Google My Business.
• Locate the desired branches. For this use the search function in the menu "All addresses" in the upper left corner of the page.
• To change one branch, just click on it. To edit multiple locations, use the checkboxes and click the pencil icon in the upper right corner of the page.
• Click on the field you want to edit. If any data has been updated by Google, you'll see them next to their information.
• Make the necessary changes in the window that appears.
• Click "Apply" button.
This method can be used when a company is running more than 10 subsidiaries.
It should be recalled that Google My Business has facilitated the branch attribute management last month. From now on they can be changed by using the bulk upload spreadsheet data.
Google updates new recommendations to website transfer
Google has updated recommendations for those webmasters that transfer your website to a new domain, HTTPS protocol, or a new URL structure.
The updated document now has got a new subsection, which states, when it is better to carry out a partial transfer and when the whole URL:
"Think about the options you would prefer to get your webpage transferred.
• If you website is of small or medium size, we recommend that you transfer the whole URL. In this case, the users will not have problems using the website, whereas for Google robots it will be easier to detect the transfer and index the entire web page.
• If you have a large website, try to move it in parts. This way it will be easier to identify and troubleshoot possible issues."
This question was often called by webmasters, especially with the large websites. Now it has got a formal response by Google.
It is noteworthy that the medium-sized websites it is recommended to do the entire URL transfer. But the concept of "medium" is so much relative and the company has not specified the exact details yet.
Google works on narrowing the fake news given in the search results
Google is working on improving the algorithm, where the block "Breaking News" in the search results is based. The company's goal is to promote better news resources and deleting phishing web news.
Earlier this month, the head of Google, Sundar Pichai, was interviewed by BBC and he told that the search engine aims to reduce the probability of dissemination of untrue news to zero.
About two years ago Google made an access to the block of the main news for all publishers, not just Google News sources. As a result, the publications of Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Hacker News, and low quality content blog started appearing in the search results. After starting the AMP the access became even easier since these websites are adopting the new format so fast, therefore more and more news appear in the search results.
Although the websites are approved by Google News, they quite often publish low quality content, that do not meet certain criteria. At the same time the "Breaking News" block does not require any criteria.
We should remind you that in October Google News began to mark the checked articles.
Seo Facts #193
The strong growth overall for the weekend was driven by mobile shopping (Apple devices in particular), email marketing, and Google search. (Source: Custora)
Seo Facts #66
57% of customers say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site and 40 percent have turned to a competitor’s site after a bad experience. (Source: Google)
Seo Facts #72
52% of mobile users consider the physical address to be the most important piece of information on a local business website and 47% said that map/driving directions are most important. 44% say opening hours are most important & 37% say a phone number according to May 2015 Survey by BrightLocal. (Source: BrightLocal)